Mind Body Wellness B-801
Mind Body Wellness
4/26/2022 to 5/24/2022
- Janet Harrington
- Tuesday 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Learn alternative ways to manage stress and heal dis-ease. My goal is to educate and empower people to take charge of their own health. Through years of experience and research I have come across many alternative healing modalities that have helped people and animals. My goal and purpose is to share my knowledge with those open minded enough to see that there is so much more to healing than what meets the eye and what western medicine has to offer.
This course will be geared toward learning about the alternative avenues towards health and wellness, becoming more in tune with oneself and using various tools to help a person manage everyday stress and empower themselves with their own healing. Topics covered may include:
Stress and the relation it has on all parts of our health
2. EFT (emotional freedom technique or “tapping”),
3. Aromatherapy and its healing effects
5. Meditation and guided imagery
6. Labyrinths as a meditative tool to help with stress and provide clarity
7. Energy healing and breath techniques to help a person ground, learning about the human energy (chakra) system.
8. Biophoton light therapy and its healing effects
9. Alternatives/complementary means to treating cancer.
1. Students will gain a better understanding and knowledge of various forms of stress management and healing modalities.
2. Students will learn how to reduce stress, relieve anxiety and enhance their health and total well-being.
3. Students will learn about the connection of the mind-body and how it can affect our health.
4. Students will gain a vast understanding of other forms of healing and explore what options may be best for their own health.
5. Students will also learn how to become aware of how our thoughts and beliefs can influence one’s health.
6. Students will learn alternative ways to help treat cancer.
About the instructor:
Janet Harrington is a lifelong resident of Branford. She enjoys being in nature, loves animals and have used many alternative modalities in her healing. She has been a physical education teacher for 38+ years. Janet graduated from SCSU with BS/MS NADA with a certification in ear acupuncture. She has also been a certified Cosmetologist Energy healer for 10+ years Developed and has taught a mind/body course for over 20 years.
Janet is an instructor and energy healer with White Light Healing Arts. Learn more at whitelighthealingarts.com.
- Class Fee $75.00
Note: Class has been CANCELED